The Greater Richmond Branch’s major fundraiser is a Wine Tasting Benefit held in November each year.
Part of these proceeds have historically gone to two AAUW Funds, the Educational Opportunities Fund and the Legal Advocacy Fund.
In addition, Greater Richmond AAUW is able offer one or more local undergraduate scholarships.
Effective July 1, 2009, AAUW restructured its foundations and funds. The AAUW Funds are now comprised of five fund groups:
- Educational Opportunities Fund
- Legal Advocacy Fund
- Eleanor Roosevelt Fund
- Public Policy Fund
- Leadership Programs Fund
You can support AAUW by accessing the online donation form or by participating in the Greater Richmond Branch’s fundraising activities. AAUW Fund Contribution instructions
If you wish to contribute online to honor someone with a contribution to AAUW, just follow these steps…
- Go to the AAUW Member Services Database (MSD) at https://www.aauw.org/resource/member-services-database/. You will need to login with your id and password.
- Select Individual Contributions from the menu at the left.
- Complete the form providing the amount to be contributed and selecting the area of AAUW Funds to which the contribution should be assigned. You can select “The AAUW Fund – General” and let AAUW make that decision.
- Continue and identify the person who should receive notice of the contribution.
- Provide your credit card information to complete the contribution.
Note: Your contribution will show up on the MSD should you need record.
Online contributions to AAUW Funds are tax-deductible.
If you prefer to have the GRAAUW Finance Officer handle the contribution, just send the check to Jane Newell, 509 S. Cherry Street, Richmond, VA 23220.