When you connect with AAUW, you join a national network of intelligent real-world achievers whose recent accomplishments include:
- Awarding $4,000,000 in fellowships and grants to more than 250 women scholars and researchers
- Successful lobbying for passage of the Paycheck Fairness Act
- Supporting passage of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (provides year-round Pell Grants)
Since 1881, AAUW has been breaking through educational and economic barriers facing women. Make this your moment to see what AAUW can mean to your life.
ENHANCE YOUR LIFE
JOIN AAUW’S GREATER RICHMOND BRANCH TODAY
When you join a branch of AAUW, you gain
- connection to the world’s largest provider of grants to women for graduate study
- access to state and national sources of research and advocacy focusing on equity for women and girls
- annual opportunities to lobby both state and federal government representatives in support of equity for women
- a welcoming network of accomplished local women with current experience in: state and federal government; consulting; sole business proprietorship; management; education; graphic design; and more
- PLUS monthly programs and community involvement through activities that foster both intellectual life and social life
JOINING IS EASY
Membership in the Greater Richmond Branch includes membership in AAUW at the national level and membership in AAUW of Virginia, the state organization.
Welcome to AAUW membership! You will be paying all your dues – branch, state, and national at once. The membership year is July 1 to June 30. Memberships are renewed annually.
Students (graduate or undergraduate) wishing to become Student Affiliates should contact the branch to determine the current discounted dues offerings.
Dues for regular members are the following
AAUW National $59.00
AAUW Virginia $15.00
GRAAUW Branch $21.00
Graduate students can get a discount in the first year. Undergraduates are welcome as affiliates at reduced rates. Please contact the branch for details OR refer to Dues Table .
There are two ways to pay your dues.
- To join online and pay with a credit or debit card… Click here to become a member of AAUW Greater Richmond Branch
- To pay by check: Make your check payable to the GRAAUW branch, and mail it to your branch Finance Officer: Jane Newell, 509 S. Cherry Street, Richmond, Virginia 23220-6215
In either case, please complete the GRAAUW Branch Member Information Form AND
- Save your completed form to your computer by clicking the print/save button at the end of the Information form.
- Attach your completed & saved copy of the Information Form and email it to GRAAUW Membership.
Of the $59 Individual Member National component, $56 is tax deductible as a charitable
contribution, and $3 is not (because it supports the AAUW Action Fund’s Section 501(c)(4) Lobby Corps and get-out-the-vote activities)
For Student Affiliates paying $17 National dues, $16 is tax deductible as a charitable contribution, and $1 is not (because it supports the AAUW Action Fund’s Section 501(c)(4) Lobby Corps and get-out-the-vote activities).
When it’s time to renew your AAUW membership. You will be paying all of your dues – branch, state, and national – at once. Dues are:
AAUW National $59
AAUW Virginia $15
GRAAUW Branch $21
Or consult the Dues Table for different types of membership.
There are 2 ways to renew your membership.
- To renew online, find the MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL email sent to you from email@example.com and follow the instructions to renew. Also –please review your contact details and note any changes.
- To renew by check: Make your check payable to the GRAAUW branch, and mail it to your branch finance officer: Jane Newell, 509 Cherry Street, Richmond, Virginia 23220-6215
Branch Membership Resources
AAUW MEMBER CENTER
Members have the use of the Member Services Database. Members may read and download Current Topic Briefings, Research, Resources for Officers, and Tools and Guides for members. Members must use their membership ID and must register a password to access the Member Services Database.